How are the ADA's requirements for State and local governments enforced?

Individuals may bring lawsuits to enforce their rights under title II and may receive remedies such as reasonable attorney's fees. Individuals may also file complaints with one of eight designated Federal agencies. Complaints may always be filed with the Department of Justice, which will refer the complaint to the appropriate agency.