Below are the 13 questions that are asked most frequently. If you have other questions, please check out our ADA FAQ Knowledge Base.
- What is the definition of disability under the ADA?
- What is considered an "undue hardship" for a reasonable accommodation?
- Is my building "grandfathered in" under the older ADA Standards or do I need to comply with the new 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design?
- How can I tell if an animal is really a service animal and not just a pet?
- Where can I find a lawyer to represent me for free if I have a complaint or need consultation?
- What is the process to request a reasonable accommodation?
- What kinds of auxiliary aids and services are required by the ADA to ensure effective communication with individuals with hearing or vision impairments?
- How can I file an ADA complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice?
- If I am doing a renovation on a hotel, how many guest rooms need to be accessible?
- What are a public or private college-university's responsibilities to students with disabilities?
- Does the ADA cover private apartments and private homes?
- I heard that miniature horses are considered to be service animals by the ADA. Is this true?
- What are my employer's obligations after I return from medical leave? (What kind of documentation can the employer ask for when I return from medical leave?)
If you have other questions, please check out our ADA FAQ Knowledge Base.