Where can I find a lawyer to represent me for free if I have a complaint or need consultation?

The Regional ADA Centers do not provide direct attorney referrals.  The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) is the nonprofit membership organization for the federally mandated Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAP).  There is a P&A/CAP agency in every state and U.S. territory as well as one serving the Native American population in the four corners region.  Collectively, the P&A/CAP network is the largest provider of legally based advocacy services to people with disabilities in the United States.  To find your local Protection and Advocacy agency and Client Assistance Program in each state, go to - https://www.ndrn.org/en/ndrn-member-agencies.html

Your state or local bar association may also provide a good starting point in the search for legal advice or representation.  To find your local bar association, go to https://www.americanbar.org/ , or call 1-800-285-2221

For additional information, take a look at the following resources:

Federal Agencies and Resources

Online Form for Training Requests