What Every Tenant and Landlord Needs to Know About ADA Access Violations
Wednesday, February 15th, 2017
12:30 PM EST - 1:00 PM EST
Brown Bag Lunch and Learn Webinar
What are your responsibilities under Title III of the ADA if you are a landlord or a tenant? This lunchtime webinar will cover:
- ADA access requirements and common misconceptions.
- Who is responsible for access violations on a leased property.
- Best practices for landlords and tenants to avoid lawsuits.
- Common conflicts between landlords and tenants about accessibility issues and how to avoid them.
- Strategies for dealing with drive-by lawsuits.
Our speaker, Minh Vu, is a partner and leader of the ADA Title III Team at Seyfarth Shaw, LLP and a national expert who has represented both landlords and tenants in hundreds of access lawsuits. She also oversaw the enforcement of Title III of the ADA at the U.S. Department of Justice.
From the Sponsor:
Region 3 - Mid-Atlantic ADA Center
Audience:Business, State and Local Government
Topic:General ADA Information, Public Accommodations (ADA Title III)
Tuesday, February 14, 2017