Twitter Chat: Employment and the ADA
Mark your calendars! In honor of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, join the ADA National Network and regional ADA Centers for a 1-hour Twitter Chat on Employment and the ADA.
What is a Twitter Chat?
Great question! Our Twitter Chats are hour-long question and answer sessions held on Twitter. You can tune in for all or some of the chat. We have everything from specific trivia, to open-ended questions and polls.
These chats are a great opportunity to connect with other individuals, organizations, and groups in the disability community and get information about common ADA questions. Each month will highlight a different topic related to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Do I need a Twitter account to follow along?
Can I participate if I don't have access to Twitter?
How to I add to the discussion?
How can I prepare?
Take a look at the questions in advance below.
1. Warm-up question, quick! What does NDEAM stand for?
2. What are some of the benefits an organization receives when they employ individuals with disabilities?
3. Is there ever a time I would be required to disclose my disability as a job applicant or employee?
4. What does the “essential functions” of a job mean under the ADA?
5. What disability specific questions can be asked at a job interview?
6. What is a “reasonable accommodation” in employment?
7. What are some examples of accommodations you or others use at work?
8. How do I request an accommodation at work?
9. What is one thing you wish you had known when you started your first job?
10. How has your organization navigated disability related issues with employees during the pandemic?
11. What accommodations have you found helpful during the pandemic?
12. In honor of #NDEAM, what is the best employment advice you have received?
See you at the Twitter Chat!