Region IX ADA Coordinator Network Summit
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.
Join us for our Region IX ADA Coordinator Network Summit at the Renaissance LAX Hotel in Los Angeles, CA. Region IX covers Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada and the Pacific Basin.
Don't miss this opportunity to network with other ADA Coordinators from throughout Region IX! Exchange ideas and contact information. Learn best practices. Support one another.
You can attend in person or online via Zoom. Everyone attending in person will be required to follow safety and health protocols outlined below.
Keynote Presentation by John Wodatch, Senior Disability Policy Advisor at the Office for Civil Rights at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and Former Chief of U.S. Department of Justice Disability Rights Section
Informational Sessions by Top Subject Matter Experts on Topics Including:
- Overview of Applicable Federal and State Laws
- U.S. Department of Justice ADA Title II Enforcement
- Public Housing Accessibility
- Emergency Management and the ADA
- Employment Basics under ADA Title I
- Public Rights of Way Accessibility
- Law Enforcement and the ADA
Interactive Workshops with Experienced ADA Coordinators on Topics Including:
- Engaging Your Entity and the Disability Community in Your Area
- Completing Transition Plans and Title II Action Plans
- How to Read Architectural Plans and Comment on Accessibility
- Doing an Accessibility Field Review
Registration Fee $275.00
For agenda, registration, and more information, click here.
Health and Safety Protocols
We are committed to providing a safe event for everyone. Anyone choosing to attend the Summit in person will be required to follow all of the following health and safety protocols. If you cannot follow these protocols, you can attend the conference online via Zoom.
(1) All attendees must provide proof of their vaccination status (fully vaccinated with at least one booster, if eligible) to be allowed to enter the meeting venue. There will no exceptions to this requirement.
(2) All attendees must take a rapid antigen test the first morning of the event and have a negative result to enter the venue. A vendor will be available onsite to help attendees take a rapid antigen test and provide proof of their result. This service is free to Summit attendees.
(3) All attendees must be masked at all times (an N95 or the equivalent). Masks will be available for attendees if they need one. Help will be available if attendees need assistance putting on or removing their masks.
(4) When eating or drinking indoors, 6 feet of distance must be maintained between all attendees. Tables and chairs will be set up to ensure this.
In order to provide enough time to check vaccine status and conduct testing and be on time for the first session, attendees should plan to arrive at the meeting site by 7:00 am on the first day, September 15. Thank you for your understanding as we endeavor to conduct the safest event possible.
Real-time Captioning will be provided.
Requests for Sign Language Interpreters, Braille Agendas and Assistive Listening Systems must be received by September 1, 2022.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Cancellation requests made before September 1, 2022 will be eligible for a refund, minus a $25 processing fee. Cancellations received after September 1st will not be eligible for a refund.
Questions about the Summit? Contact the Pacific ADA Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.