Join us for our 4 part series, Promoting Independence and Access through Responsible Design. Melissa Anderson, PE, formerly a Transportation Engineer for the U.S. Access Board, will present a four-part webinar series designed to improve the understanding of why and how to provide accessible pedestrian facilities in the public right of way. The series will begin with a discussion of legal obligations, how the Standards and guidelines apply and then move through the components of pedestrian access and how to actually achieve access.
Part 2: Safe and Accessible Intersections
Now that we've gotten down the sidewalk, let's get across the street. This webinar will discuss the basic design requirements for curb ramps, street crossings, and pedestrian signals. It will help participants better understand the impacts of how designs affect a person's independence.
There is no charge to participate in this webinar.
Continuing Education Recognition Fees
- Certificate of participation: $10
- 1.5 LU/HSW - American Institute of Architects (AIA): $20
- This webinar will be presented via the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform.
- Real-time captioning will be available through the webinar platform.
- A telephone option will also be available