Mental Health Conditions in the Workplace
This session will address the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) new resource document on this subject, published December 2016, as well as its companion document on the role of mental health providers in their clients' requests for reasonable accommodation. The discussion will include:
- Common mental health conditions and their symptoms.
- Application of the "regarded as" prong of the definition of "disability" under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) in claims of disparate treatment based on a mental health condition.
- Triggers for the interactive process and fitness for duty examinations.
- Reasonable accommodations for mental health conditions.
- Common pitfalls when communicating with mental health providers.
Our presenter, Senior Attorney Advisor, Aaron Konopasky from the EEOC’s ADA/GINA Policy Division will field your questions on this complicated topic.
This session will be archived for later listening.
Continuing Education Recognition Available
- Certificate of Participation
- Applications for continuing education hours have been submitted to the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC), the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) and the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)