A Comprehensive Review with Best Practices for Human Resource Professionals
Figuring out how to navigate and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act can be difficult in itself. So when FMLA or Workers’ Compensation are also involved, confusion about how each law applies is understandable. As cases increase in complexity with more than one law to apply, it’s important we understand the obligations under each and ensure we have effective processes in place to manage them. After a deep review of the six areas of intersection, we will go through an exercise to see how the intersections apply in real scenarios. To help employers effectively implement each law, we will explore best practices to set up employers and employees for success.
Presenter: Lauren Schipper, Regional Accommodation Manager, Amazon
Continuing Education Recognition Available:
- Certificate of Participation
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) 1.5 PDC
- HR Certification Institute (HRCI) 1.5 Recertification Credit Hours
- An application has been submitted to the Commission for Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC) for approval
- This webinar will be presented via the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform.
- Real-time captioning will be available through the webinar platform.
- A telephone option will also be available.