The worst winter weather may be past, but while winter is still fresh in our minds, why not prepare for next year? Join this webinar to look at snow removal issues and explore ideas for possible solutions to be considered at the local level. Presenters will discuss how snow affects the independent travel of people with disabilities and effective practices in snow removal for public transportation and for the broader community.
This webinar will address:
- How snow on the ground impacts travel for people with disabilities
- How accessibility requirements under the ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act apply to snow removal practices
- Ideas for expanding snow removal practices which habitually focus on vehicle traffic to include pedestrian and bicyclist
- Potential roles for advocates in changing local policies and practices
- Donna Smith, Director of Training, Easter Seals Project Action Consulting
- Julie Dupree, Training and Technical Assistance Specialist II, Easter Seals Transportation Group
- Kristi McLaughlin, Training and Technical Assistance Specialist II, Easter Seals Project Action Consulting
This session is available in three formats:
- Streaming Audio via the Blackboard Collaborate webinar platform version 12
- Real-time Captioning via the Blackboard Collaborate webinar platform version 12
This session will have a written transcript as well as a digital recording of the session archived on this site.
A certificate of participation is available for participants of the live broadcast once attendance is verified.