ADA Live! Episode 56: Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance
Each day over 10,000 individuals become eligible for Medicare due to age or disability. Learning about what Medicare covers and navigating the Medicare enrollment process can be challenging. During this episode, we'll overview the parts of Medicare, when and how someone can enroll in Medicare, and discuss what services are and are not covered under Medicare. Then we'll delve a little deeper and look at ways to apply for assistance covering Medicare costs, and how Medicare coordinates with other coverage, like Medicaid. Finally, you'll learn where to go in your community to help with complex Medicare questions.
This episode is the second of a two-part conversation with the National Council on Aging (NCOA), and Leslie Fried, Senior Director of the Center for Benefits Access, will:
- Discuss what Medicare costs, what it covers and what are its different Parts A, B, C and D.
- Understand common procedure for signing up for Medicare, including key enrollment periods.
- Learn how people who have Marketplace insurance make the transition to Medicare, and how Medicare coordinates with other key programs (e.g., Medicaid).
- Find out how to help low-income residents apply for core benefits programs that pay for a portion of their Medicare costs.
FREE and no registration is required.
To Listen to the Broadcast:
- BlogTalkRadio ADA Live! Episode 56: Disability and Aging: Medicare, Medicaid, and Benefits Enrollment Assistance
- Captioning In Zoom on May 2 for ADA Live! Episode 56
- Follow Facebook: Southeast ADA Center on May 2 for ADA Live! Episode 56