On July 26, 1990, President George H. Bush signed into law the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The intent of the ADA was to provide persons with disabilities equality of opportunity, full participation, independent living, and economic self-sufficiency. Thirty years down the road, what is the state of disability rights in the United States?
2020 Conference Topics:
- History of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Job Trends and Current Employers in the Region that Proactively keep an Inclusive Workplace
- Assistive Technology
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Resources Target Audience:
- General Population
- High School Students
- Job Seekers
- People with Disabilities
- Workforce Solutions Staff Everyone
When: Thursday, July 23, 2020 9-11 AM CDT. To register, visit https://bit.ly/ADA30conference. For more information, email Cornelius Booker at Cornelius.Booker@wrksolutions.com. Upcoming: On Friday, July 24, there will be an ADA virtual hiring event, visit www.wrksolutions.com to learn more.