5 Things to Know About People Who Are Deaf, Deaf Blind, or Hard of Hearing
This is a 30 minute session. NOTE times are EASTERN STANDARD TIME.
What is it like to be Deaf? How can we communicate effectively with someone who is Deaf, Hard of Hearing or Deaf-Blind (D/HH/DB)? Chelsea Tobin Paulson, Deaf/Hard of Hearing Role Model Coordinator at Lifetrack in St. Paul, Minnesota, will discuss some of the top things everyone should know about the D/HH/DB population. What is Deaf Culture? What are some tips on interacting with someone who is D/HH/DB? How do they interact with one another? Join us for this 30 minute session to learn more!
- This webinar will be presented via the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform.
- Real-Time American Sign Language (ASL) video feed will be available through the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform.
- Real-time captioning will be available through the Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing platform.
- A telephone conference option will also available should you choose not to use the webinar platform.
- Information on accessing the webinar platform and the telephone conference number will be provided prior to the session.
Screen Reader Users: Individuals who are using Screen Reader Software should review the instructions and information available in the Accessibility Guide for Blackboard Collaborate Web Conferencing.