The Mid-Atlantic ADA Update is the region's leading conference on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Thursday, September 14 and Friday, September 15, 2017
Pre-Conference Session "ADA Overview"
Wednesday, September 13 - 1:00 - 5:00 PM
No additional charge!
Please join us to learn from the experts on the ADA! The 24th annual Mid-Atlantic ADA Update will feature speakers from:
- Businesses: Capital One, Reasonable Accommodation LLC, BroadFutures, Booz Allen Hamilton, EY, Northrop Grumman, Seyfarth Shaw, Lockheed Martin, C5 Consulting, DXC Technology
- Federal Agencies: U.S. Department of Justice. U.S. Department of Transportation, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Federal Communications Commission, U.S.Access Board
- State and Local Government Agencies: Montgomery County (MD) Government, Delaware Department of Transportation, Virginia Department of Emergency Management, Virginia Department of Corrections, Arlington (VA) Sheriff's Office, Philadelphia Department of Prisons
- Non-Profits: Paralyzed Veterans of America, National Disability Rights Network, National Federation for the Blind
- Universities: American University, University of Maryland, Towson State University
- Judith Heumann, disability rights activist and former Special Advisor for International Disability Rights at the U.S. Department of State
- Dr. Josie Badger, Youth Director, Parent Education and Advocacy Leadership Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Breakout sessions will address the ADA in these areas:
- Disability Employment
- State and Local Government
- Business responsibilities and best practices
- Higher Education
- Service Animals
- Corrections and Law Enforcement
Continuing Education - Up to 12 hours available!
Applications for credits will be submitted for approval to organizations that certify human resource professionals, architects, rehabilitation counselors and ADA Coordinators. We also offer a certificate of participation for employee development hours.
Meet, learn and share with other professionals with similar interests and concerns.
Registration fee is $425.
Register now and save $50!
Through August 1 registration fee is $375.