- Tuesday, June 2nd, 2015 to Wednesday, June 3rd, 2015Holiday Inn Harrisburg-Hershey, Pennsylvania Exit 80, I-81 - 604 Station Road - Grantville, PA 17028
A one-day conference on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Please join us to learn from the experts on the ADA!
Morning plenary panel session featuring speakers from Federal Agencies:
U.S. Department of Justice
- Tuesday, June 2nd, 201510:00 AM PDT - 11:30 AM PDTOnline
This is Part I of our two-part webinar series with the Job Accommodation Network.
This presentation will feature Kelsey Lewis and Melanie Whetzel.
Job accommodations can be vital for the successful employment of individuals with mental health impairments. Knowing how, when, and why...
- Wednesday, June 10th, 20151:00 PM EDT - 2:00 PM EDTOnline
This webinar will provide an overview of the recreation areas required to be accessible under the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, including: amusement rides, boating facilities, fishing piers and platforms, golf courses, miniature golf, and swimming pools and spas. We will also discuss...
- Thursday, June 11th, 201511:30 AM PDThttp://adapresentations.org/schedule.php
This webinar will describe the civil rights violations in NYC's emergency planning and disaster response by the federal court in recent litigation. It will provide an overview of agreements negotiated by the parties to remedy those violations dealing with: Shelter; Transportation; Evacuation;...
- Friday, June 12th, 20152:00 PM PDT - 6:00 PM PDTKiwanis Park, Lewiston IdahoJoin Disability Action Center NW in celebrating the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Learn why the ADA is important! Find out about resources in your community. Arts and crafts booths and kids activities. FREE BBQ and live music.
- Tuesday, June 23rd, 201510:00 AM PDT - 11:30 AM PDTOnline
This is Part II of our two-part webinar series with the Job Accommodation Network. This presentation will feature speakers Traci Jordan and Elisabeth Simpson.
In this second session, audience members will identify when and how the Americans with Disabilities Act and its...
- Wednesday, June 24th, 20151:00 PM EDT - 2:00 PM EDTOnline
This webinar will provide an overview of the 2010 ADA Standards requirements for access to Sports Facilities. Topics covered will include Areas of indoor and outdoor sports activity, including court sports, sports fields and other sports (such as gymnastics and wrestling). Dressing, fitting, and...
- Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 to Sunday, July 26th, 2015San Francisco Bay AreaThe Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will turn 25 on July 26, 2015. Such a big milestone in our nation’s history deserves a celebration that centers on the San Francisco Bay Area, the birthplace of disability advocacy. The mission of the ADA 25 Bay Area is to increase awareness and introduce visitors to local upcoming events commemorating the 25th anniversary of the ADA in the San Francisco Bay Area. ADA 25 Bay Area is hosted by a collaboration of disability advocacy and service agencies around the Bay Area. Get Involved and Share - Tell us about your ADA Event, or How the ADA has Changed Your Life? so we can spread the word. Please watch the website for details of our big celebration at San Francisco City Hall in early July to kick off ADA Month. Join us in celebrating ADA 25 Bay Area! We encourage you to visit the website often to find out about disability events in the Bay Area and to celebrate our history at http://www.ada25bayarea.org/
- Friday, July 17th, 201511:00 AM MDT - 4:00 PM MDTBoise Idaho Capitol ParkThe Celebration on the 25th Anniversary of the ADA will take place on July 17, 2015 at Capitol Park (in front of Idaho State Capitol) in Boise, Idaho. There will be public awareness tables, speakers, music, mini ADA trainings. At 12:30 over 1000 people will surround the Capitol holding hands. We have a pilot and photographer that will take ariel pictures of the celebration. For more information, contact Dana Gover, Northwest ADA Center - Idaho Coalition at 208-841-9422 (voice/tty). For an idea about our celebration, view a slideshow on a similar celebration that we organized in 2010 at: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3e0iojgpshw4qc/Hands%20Around%20the%20Capitol%20%20Slideshow-Display_2.m4v?dl=0.
- Wednesday, July 22nd, 201511:00 AM EDT - 3:00 PM EDTBoston Common (corner of Charles and Beacon Street) Boston, MAJoin us Wednesday - July 22, 2015 on Boston Common to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as we mark this milestone with a march, speakers, and entertainment. For the march and program details, visit www.ada25boston.org
- Saturday, July 25th, 201512:00 PM CDT - 6:00 PM CDTBrittingham Park, Madison, WIAn outdoor festival featuring: a stage where all acts include at least one person with a disability; a karaoke tent; a wellness tent with adaptive yoga; and free massages.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201512:00 PM CDT - 6:00 PM CDTMadison, WIA free outdoor festival in Brittingham Park on the bay of Lake Monona. Celebrate the talents, skills, arts, energy and pride of people with and without disabilities, and the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Features a professional performance tent with performers who have disabilities, karaoke, vendors, and food for sale. The Disability Pride brings families, friends and neighbors together to forward the possibilities of every life.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201512:00 PM EDT - 4:00 PM EDTWorcester, MAThe Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) turns 25 years this year and we have a lot to celebrate. Join the City of Worcester and area social service agencies, educators, advocates, family and friends for a celebration at Union Station, 2 Washington Square, Worcester, MA 01604 on Saturday - July 25, 2015 from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM. The celebration will showcase local talent and resources and will include entertainment, interactive exhibits and activities, educational resources, food and dance.
- Sunday, July 26th, 201512:00 PM CDT - 4:00 PM CDTMinnesota History Center, Saint Paul, MNMinnesota State Council on Disability (MSCOD) has exciting plans with our yearlong festivities culminating in a 25th ADA Anniversary Celebration for July 26th, at the Minnesota History Center. Everyone is invited to the party, which will include live music, an open mic, arts activities, and more. This event will be fun for the whole family, and we hope you join us! This celebration would not be possible without the hard work and valuable insight from the many organizations and individuals partnering with MSCOD. Visit http://www.disability.state.mn.us/ada/our-partners/ for a complete list. MSCOD has received funding through the Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund from the Legacy Amendment to help carry out these activities. For more information about the Legacy Fund visit http://www.legacy.leg.mn/. MSCOD’s Legacy Funds are administered by the Minnesota Humanities Center. Learn more about the Minnesota Humanities Center at http://www.minnesotahumanities.org/.
- Monday, July 27th, 20159:30 AM EDT - 2:00 PM EDTCincinnati, OhioMore than two dozen local organizations and advocates are working together to plan a day of celebration and reflection of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (known as the ADA) on Monday, July 27th in downtown Cincinnati. The theme for the celebration is Disability Rights are Civil Rights. The day will begin with a Disability Pride Walk from Cincinnati’s City Hall to Fountain Square. From 10am – 2pm at Fountain Square, information booths, activities, guest speakers, food and entertainment will be available for the general public to learn about the ADA. If you would like to learn more about Cincinnati’s ADA 25th anniversary celebration or get involved on the planning committee, contact the Center for Independent Living Options at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-241-2600. Mark your calendars for Monday, July 27th for ADA25 Cincinnati. “Like” the Cincinnati ADA25 Silver Anniversary Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/529950343719030/
- Sunday, August 9th, 2015Chicago, IllinoisA celebration commemorating the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act, held in Chicago's Millennium Park. This event will feature world class entertainment and will be presented in Millennium Park, which incorporates Universal Design to create a barrier free experience. For more information on ADA 25 Chicago, visit www.ada25chicago.org