- Friday, June 12th, 2015 to Friday, August 14th, 2015Pawtucket City Hall, Rosevelt Ave., Pawtucket, RI 02860In celebration of the 25th ADA Anniversary, VSA Arts Rhode Island will be sponsoring “Beyond Barriers.” A central element of "Beyond Barriers" will be an exhibit featuring artworks created by local artists with disabilities on display June, July & August at Pawtucket City Hall. During these three months, exhibition-inspired events will be scheduled including an Opening Artist Reception hosted by Mayor Don Grebien with the Pawtucket Arts & Culture Commission on Friday, June 12th. There will also be a large ADA Celebration event on Friday afternoon, August 14th featuring RI Congressman James Langevin and other dignitaries. This exhibit and accompanying events will take place to bring attention to the issues of persons with disabilities, the value of the ADA with highlighted accomplishments of what has – fortunately – changed over the past 25 years as well as raise local awareness of work that can continue to ensure equal opportunity and access for all Rhode Islanders. For more information by phone or email contact VSA Arts RI 401-725-0247; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesday, July 1st, 2015 to Sunday, July 26th, 2015San Francisco Bay AreaThe Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) will turn 25 on July 26, 2015. Such a big milestone in our nation’s history deserves a celebration that centers on the San Francisco Bay Area, the birthplace of disability advocacy. The mission of the ADA 25 Bay Area is to increase awareness and introduce visitors to local upcoming events commemorating the 25th anniversary of the ADA in the San Francisco Bay Area. ADA 25 Bay Area is hosted by a collaboration of disability advocacy and service agencies around the Bay Area. Get Involved and Share - Tell us about your ADA Event, or How the ADA has Changed Your Life? so we can spread the word. Please watch the website for details of our big celebration at San Francisco City Hall in early July to kick off ADA Month. Join us in celebrating ADA 25 Bay Area! We encourage you to visit the website often to find out about disability events in the Bay Area and to celebrate our history at http://www.ada25bayarea.org/
- Thursday, July 9th, 201511:30 AM PDT - 1:00 PM PDTOnline
One in five people encountered during any disaster will have a disability. or about 56.7 million people, approximately 19 percent of the population, had a disability in 2010. Many first responders lack familiarity and working knowledge they require to successfully integrate all members of the...
- Tuesday, July 14th, 20159:30 AM MST - 2:30 PM MSTPhoenix, ArizonaADA Conference – Celebrate Disability Pride and Improve your advocacy skills! Learn about resources and skills to help you advocate for yourself and others. Learn the current hot topics like the Phoenix Transit plan/election. Discuss issues and celebrate Disability Pride together!
- Wednesday, July 15th, 20151:00 PM EDT - 3:00 PM EDTLive Streaming Online and in person at 10467 White Granite Drive, Oakton, VA 22124ServiceSource and the National Disability Institute present three opportunities to learn, change thinking and build knowledge. Each session will be offered in person at the ServiceSource Disability Resource Center in Oakton, Virginia and via nationwide live streaming. Download Flyer Session 1:The Olmstead Supreme Court Decision: The Community Integration Imperative. What Does It Mean For The Future? Featuring Representatives From: National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services Administration for Community Living, U.S Department of Health and Human Services U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law Quality Trust for Individuals with Disabilities
- Friday, July 17th, 20155:00 PM PDT - 9:00 PM PDTBrookhurst Community Center, 2271 W. Crescent Ave, Anaheim CA 92801Dayle McIntosh Center (DMC) is hosting a festival to honor the silver anniversary of the signing of this landmark legislation! -- The event will include films featuring people with disabilities, ADA themed games & prizes, live music, street tacos, margaritas and beer! -- American Sign Language Interpreters provided -- A pre-event youth forum will take place at DMC before the celebration -- Tickets are $25 and include food and 2 drinks
- Friday, July 17th, 20155:00 PM PDT - 9:00 PM PDTAnaheimDayle McIntosh Center (DMC) is planning a festival to honor the silver anniversary of the signing of this landmark legislation. The event will include films featuring people with disabilities, games about the ADA, a DJ, Mexican food, and, of course, cake. Scheduled for the 17th of July, we hope it will be a night to remember for everyone who participates.
- Saturday, July 18th, 20156:00 PM MST - 10:00 PM MSTTempe, ArizonaADA Gala with dinner, awards, dancing and Keynote Speaker: Amy Van Dyken six time gold medal winning Olympic swimmer. Amy Van Dyken was the only American swimmer to be inducted into the Hall of Fame’s Class of 2007. She was inducted to the Olympic Hall of Fame July of 2008. Sponsorships Available. Seeking nomination for ADA Awards.
- Tuesday, July 21st, 20152:00 PM EDT - 4:00 PM EDTWashington, DCOn Tuesday July 21, the Vera Institute of Justice will be hosting a summit to explore access to justice for people with disabilities. With America in the midst of substantial criminal justice reform and celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), this summit will bring these two issues together. Leaders from both the disability and criminal justice fields will explore the impact the ADA has had on people with disabilities with disabilities who have had involvement with the justice system, either as victims or suspects/offenders. Panelists will also share their visions for justice for people with disabilities for the next 25. The summit will take place in Washington, DC and will be held in room G11 of the Dirksen Senate Office Building from 2:00 – 4:00 PM.
- Wednesday, July 22nd, 201511:00 AM EDT - 4:00 PM EDTCleveland, OHJoin ADA Cleveland as we celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ADA! The day will officially kick off at 11:00 am with remarks from the Mayor and continue with music, food, adaptive games, activities, and the ADA Legacy Tour Bus, until 4:00 pm. At 6:00 pm, Wade Oval Wednesday will begin, featuring the band FLAME.
- Wednesday, July 22nd, 201511:00 AM EDT - 3:00 PM EDTBoston Common (corner of Charles and Beacon Street) Boston, MAJoin us Wednesday - July 22, 2015 on Boston Common to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as we mark this milestone with a march, speakers, and entertainment. For the march and program details, visit www.ada25boston.org
- Wednesday, July 22nd, 20155:00 PM EDT - 9:00 PM EDTColumbus State Community CollegeThe ADA25 Columbus Planning Committee presents a Community Reception to “Celebrate 25 Years of the ADA” in Columbus, Ohio. This event will feature keynote speaker Andy Imparato, Executive Director -- Association of University Centers on Disabilities; Remarks from public officials, sponsors, and local leaders; Entertainment by Blue Spectrum, a multi-genre band; VSA Ohio Permanent Collection Artwork; catered food, beverages. Members of the community are invited to attend. This is a free but ticketed event - registration is required through: Eventbrite.com at http://www.eventbrite.com/e/ada25-central-ohio-celebration-reception-tickets-17206585360 for the ADA25 Central Ohio Celebration Reception Wednesday, July 22 from 5:00 to 9:00 PM Columbus State Community College Columbus, OH
- Wednesday, July 22nd, 20154:00 PM CDT - 6:00 PM CDTGreen Bay WIYou are invited to join us on Wednesday, July 22nd, to celebrate this landmark legislation. The celebration will be held downtown Green Bay, on City Deck, right behind Nicolet Bank, from 4-6 pm. There will be speakers, music, and refreshments. If it rains the event will be moved to the ADRC of Brown County, 300 S Adams Street Green Bay.
- Wednesday, July 22nd, 201511:00 AM EDT - 4:00 PM EDTWade Oval, 1 Wade Oval Drive, Cleveland 44106Join us on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, at Wade Oval in University Circle to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We'll commemorate this milestone with speakers, entertainment, activities, adaptive sports, information tables, and more. For more details, visit www.adacleveland.org
- Thursday, July 23rd, 2015 to Friday, July 24th, 2015Dallas, TexasJuly 26, 2015 is the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act. The Americans Institute of Architects of Dallas will be organizing a day of awareness and celebration on the benefits the ADA has had on the built environment and the disabled community. The ADA Awareness day will be on July 24th 2015. The day will begin with a proclamation by the City of Dallas Mayor proclaiming July 26t as ADA Awareness Day in the City of Dallas. The programs that are being planned will include tours of accessible buildings, guest speakers and a focus will be on how architects, architecture and the ADA work together to benefit the disabled community.
- Thursday, July 23rd, 201510:00 AM PDT - 1:00 PM PDTBoard of Supervisors Chambers, Marin County Civic Center, San Rafael, CAPlease join in celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act. This event will include history, testimonials, a panel of speakers, refreshments, information about accessible programs and services, and more!
- Friday, July 24th, 201511:00 AM EDT - 1:00 PM EDTSlack Plaza, Charleston, WVTo celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the ADA, the Appalachian Center for Independent Living, and the Kanawha Regional Transit Authority are sponsoring a Bus Accessibility Day to celebrate the transportation achievements brought about by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA); and to make the general public aware of the opportunities for people who have special transportation needs because of a disability.
- Friday, July 24th, 20152:00 PM EDT - 7:00 PM EDTTriad Park, Shelters 6 & 7, Kernersville NCThe ADA 25th Anniversary event will be a collaboration between three Triad cities and promises to be filled with many educational and fun activities. The Adaptables, along with thedisability organizations from each city, are coordinating all food, activities and events for citizens from across the Triad area. The objective of the ADA 25th Anniversary is to celebrate a law that has made a great impact on the lives of people with disabilities and our country over the past 25 years.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201512:00 PM EDT - 4:00 PM EDTWorcester, MAThe Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) turns 25 years this year and we have a lot to celebrate. Join the City of Worcester and area social service agencies, educators, advocates, family and friends for a celebration at Union Station, 2 Washington Square, Worcester, MA 01604 on Saturday - July 25, 2015 from 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM. The celebration will showcase local talent and resources and will include entertainment, interactive exhibits and activities, educational resources, food and dance.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201511:00 AM CDT - 2:00 PM CDTIowa CityWe will be celebrating the event on Saturday, July 25th, 2015 from 11 AM - 2 PM.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201512:00 PM CDT - 6:00 PM CDTBrittingham Park, Madison, WIAn outdoor festival featuring: a stage where all acts include at least one person with a disability; a karaoke tent; a wellness tent with adaptive yoga; and free massages.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201510:00 AM EDT - 5:00 PM EDTPhiladelphia, PAADA25 DISABILITY PRIDE Saturday - July 25, 2015 DRAFT PROGRAM 8:30 AM - Bus Arrives 10.00 AM - Information Market Opens 10.30 AM - Spin Choir 11.00 AM - Lawrence Carter Long and Charles Walden - Co MCs National Anthem by Suzanne Erb WELCOME SPEECHES Sen. Tom Harkin Tom Earle Cassie James Bob Kafka Stephanie Thomas Councilman Danny O'Brien PERFORMANCES 11.30 AM - Anomie Fatale 11.50 AM - Johnny Crescendo 12.20 PM - 4 Wheel City C 12.50 PM - Thanks to All PARADE 1.00 PM - Assemble for March 1.30 PM - MARCH TO: National Constitution Center 2.15 PM - SPEECHES AND PERFORMANCE AT THE NCC Yoshiko Dart Slot 5 Ryan Gooch Nelson Slot 6 Joy Bells 3.30 FINISH
- Saturday, July 25th, 201512:00 PM CDT - 6:00 PM CDTMadison, WIA free outdoor festival in Brittingham Park on the bay of Lake Monona. Celebrate the talents, skills, arts, energy and pride of people with and without disabilities, and the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Features a professional performance tent with performers who have disabilities, karaoke, vendors, and food for sale. The Disability Pride brings families, friends and neighbors together to forward the possibilities of every life.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201510:00 AM CDT - 1:00 PM CDTLawrence Public LibraryCome hear what the Lawrence community has done, and wants to continue to do to celebrate the ADA! We will have local leaders speaking about the work they do each day for people with disabilities, and some talented dancers.
- Saturday, July 25th, 201511:00 AM EDT - 2:00 PM EDTCortland County Courthouse Park, Cortland, New YorkAnnual celebration of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Stroll-n-Roll from Access to Independence (ATI) office through downtown Cortland to the Cortland County Courthouse Park. Special keynote speaker and area leaders address the crowd, followed by special remarks by ATI staff and consumers. Picnic fare is offered free to all registrants, followed by cake and annual watermelon eating contest. Vendor fair on site throughout the duration of the event.
- Sunday, July 26th, 20152:00 PM PDT - 4:00 PM PDTEvergreen Rotary Park at 1500 Park Avenue, Bremerton, WashingtonPlease join Holly Ridge Center on Sunday, July 26, 2015 at Evergreen Rotary Park (home of Bremerton, Washington's first all accessible playground) to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) as we mark this milestone with a proclamation from Bremerton Mayor Lent, guest speakers, testimonials, and light refreshments. For more information, please contact Holly Ridge Center at 360-373-2536.
- Sunday, July 26th, 2015Cotopaxi, Ecuador and Colorado, USAOn July 26th, the Range of Motion Project (ROMP) is commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act by climbing Volcán Cotopaxi in Ecuador with a group of American and Ecuadorian amputee climbers. The event, Climbing for ROMP, is sponsored by the U.S. State Department. The group of 16 amputee and able bodied climbers will be guided by Santiago Quintero, the first double amputee to summit Everest without supplemental oxygen. Our goal is to raise international awareness of the global need for prosthetic and orthotic care, celebrate the global importance of the passing of the ADA, and demonstrate the power of mobility for the world. There will be solidarity climbs taking place on July 26th in Colorado. Reach out to ROMP if you would like to participate in the Colorado Solidarity Climb, or organize your own climb wherever you are.
- Sunday, July 26th, 20151:00 PM CDT - 4:00 PM CDTWil-O-Way Recreation Center Grant Park South MilwaukeeAbility Fest The 25th Anniversary Day Party for ADA Sunday July 26th 2015 Wil-O-Way Recreation Center Grant Park South Milwaukee 1 PM to 4 PM 2 PM Supervisor Pat Jursik recap of Proclamation/Citation awarded to IndependenceFirst towards County Board on the ADA Anniversary with a remark on Southridge Mall bus stop Barb Leigh from Milwaukee Public Theatre performs cake and cupcakes resource fair, vendor fair, health expo, and reflections on employment board games, card games, dice games, and other games story telling show-and-tell community picnic activities sport and recreation fun mix-and-mingle meet new friends music art and more!
- Sunday, July 26th, 201512:00 PM CDT - 4:00 PM CDTMinnesota History Center, Saint Paul, MNMinnesota State Council on Disability (MSCOD) has exciting plans with our yearlong festivities culminating in a 25th ADA Anniversary Celebration for July 26th, at the Minnesota History Center. Everyone is invited to the party, which will include live music, an open mic, arts activities, and more. This event will be fun for the whole family, and we hope you join us! This celebration would not be possible without the hard work and valuable insight from the many organizations and individuals partnering with MSCOD. Visit http://www.disability.state.mn.us/ada/our-partners/ for a complete list. MSCOD has received funding through the Arts & Cultural Heritage Fund from the Legacy Amendment to help carry out these activities. For more information about the Legacy Fund visit http://www.legacy.leg.mn/. MSCOD’s Legacy Funds are administered by the Minnesota Humanities Center. Learn more about the Minnesota Humanities Center at http://www.minnesotahumanities.org/.
- Monday, July 27th, 20159:30 AM EDT - 2:00 PM EDTCincinnati, OhioMore than two dozen local organizations and advocates are working together to plan a day of celebration and reflection of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (known as the ADA) on Monday, July 27th in downtown Cincinnati. The theme for the celebration is Disability Rights are Civil Rights. The day will begin with a Disability Pride Walk from Cincinnati’s City Hall to Fountain Square. From 10am – 2pm at Fountain Square, information booths, activities, guest speakers, food and entertainment will be available for the general public to learn about the ADA. If you would like to learn more about Cincinnati’s ADA 25th anniversary celebration or get involved on the planning committee, contact the Center for Independent Living Options at email@example.com or 513-241-2600. Mark your calendars for Monday, July 27th for ADA25 Cincinnati. “Like” the Cincinnati ADA25 Silver Anniversary Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/529950343719030/
- Thursday, July 30th, 2015 to Friday, July 31st, 2015Arlington, VA
Join us for a celebration of the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act! The ADA Legacy Bus Tour will be here with a four-panel display on the history of self-advocacy, courtesy of the Museum of disABILITY History.
The Getting It Right Workshop will provide...
- Sunday, August 9th, 2015Chicago, IllinoisA celebration commemorating the 25th anniversary of the signing of the Americans with Disabilities Act, held in Chicago's Millennium Park. This event will feature world class entertainment and will be presented in Millennium Park, which incorporates Universal Design to create a barrier free experience. For more information on ADA 25 Chicago, visit www.ada25chicago.org
- Thursday, August 13th, 201511:30 AM PDT - 1:00 PM PDTOnline
This presentation will (1) identify those who are disproportionally impacted and discuss the converging communication challenges many face; (2) share information from first responders regarding what strategies work best for them when communication is difficult; and (3) suggest practical ways...
- Thursday, September 10th, 201511:30 AM PDT - 1:00 PM PDTOnline
This webinar will cover important aspects to consider when developing a disaster plan for people with developmental disabilities and for those with respiratory concerns. It will cover the specific needs of those particular members of the community and how these two programs developed necessary...
- Thursday, September 24th, 20151:00 PM EDT - 3:00 PM EDTOnline via Live Stream or in person at 10467 White Granite Drive, Oakton, VA 22124ServiceSource and the National Disability Institute present three opportunities to learn, change thinking and build knowledge. Each session will be offered in person at the ServiceSource Disability Resource Center in Oakton, Virginia and via nationwide live streaming. Register to attend at www.servicesource.org/ada25. Session 2: The ABLE Act Implementation Tax Advantaged Savings Accounts: New Choices for Families To Create Pathways To A Better Quality Of Life. What Does It Mean For You? Featuring Representatives From: Department of the Treasury Virginia 529 College Savings Plan The Arc Autism Speaks National Down Syndrome Society
- Sunday, September 27th, 20157:00 AM CDT - 6:00 PM CDTThe Golf Club at Camelot W192 Hwy 67 Lomira Wisconsin 53048Ability Fest Wisconsin Continuing the Celebration for 25 Years of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): A Red Roskopf Day. A donation will be provided to Autism Solution Pieces Featuring the Lynzay Legois Memorial resource fair, vendor fair, and health expo There is not Packer game on this day, but we are going to run it as a Packer Party Pep Rally. The games for the Bears and the Vikings will be on tv. raffles, prizes, awards, drawings, and otherwise. card games, board games, dice games, and other games at play. 1 PM program with stories and so forth. Lunch is optional. For golfers you know, there is golf. We tend to get twice as many non-golfers as we do golfers. Those planning on coming are welcomed to bring non-perishable food items for the Food Pantry
- Wednesday, November 18th, 20151:00 PM EST - 3:00 PM ESTOnline and in-person at 10467 White Granite Drive, Oakton, VA 22124ServiceSource and the National Disability Institute (NDI) present three opportunities to learn, change thinking and build knowledge. Each session will be offered in person at the ServiceSource Disability Resource Center in Oakton, Virginia and via nationwide live streaming. Register to attend at www.servicesource.org/ada25. Session 3: Untangling the Maze of Social Security Benefits and Work Incentives - How do we make it work for me? - What are future policy ideas? Featuring Representatives From: Social Security Administration Bipartisan Policy Center National Disability Institute Administration for Community Living, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services All sessions moderated by Michael Morris, Executive Director of the National Disability Institute Register today at www.servicesource.org/ada25